Mayor Peter Carlisle, HART CEO Dan Grabauskas, City Council Chair Ernie Martin and HART Board Chair Carrie Okinaga are here in Washington this week for a series of rail-related meetings.
Here’s a rough itinerary of who they’ll be meeting with, courtesy of the mayor’s office.
Wednesday, September 19
- Deputy Administrator Therese McMillan, Federal Transit Administration
- Sen. Daniel Inouye — Chair of the Appropriations Committee
Thursday, September 20
- Rep. John Duncan (R-TN) — Chair of the Highways and Transit Subcommittee
- Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR) — Ranking member on the Highways and Transit Subcommittee
- Rep. John Mica (R-FL) — Chair of the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee
- Sen. Tim Johnson (D-SD) — Chair of the Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs Committee
- Administrator Peter Rogoff, Federal Transit Administration
- Rep. Nick Rahall (D-WV) — Ranking member on the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee
- Rep. Colleen Hanabusa
Note the committees and subcommittees the various members lead. Being the “ranking member” means DeFazio and Rahall are the top Democrats on their respective panels, while Duncan and Mica are the chairs because Republicans control the House.
— Michael Levine